Wednesday 28 May 2008

Looking forward

Well, it is absolutely belting down with rain outside this morning. One of my cats, Tico, is sitting with me on the desk, glaring out into the rain-sodden garden and, I suspect, holding me entirely responsible for the weather. I wish I was as omnipotent as she thinks I am - the rain is causing me some worry at the moment.

As you know, we have got Open Farm Sunday coming up - this very Sunday, in fact. I'm getting plenty of things ready for our stall, and am obviously quite concerned about getting everything done, because I don't have a great deal of brain bandwidth for anything else right now! Lorraine is absolutely confident that it won't rain on Open Farm Sunday, and I am choosing to believe her - maybe she has the power over the weather which I don't have!

But it's not all work. I'm shortly going to be attending - as a visitor, definitely not a stallholder! - an event called Woolfest (yay!!) which I have to say is a very cool event indeed (and if you can possibly get up to Cockermouth in Cumbria for it, you should!) It is a festival of all things woolly and sheepy, with animals, stalls, demonstrations and workshops, all held in the auction mart at Cockermouth. My stepmum, Maggie, and I are completely beside ourselves with excitement about this event, which is coming up on Friday 27th and Saturday 28th June. I've got lots of shopping to do; it's a great place to find all sorts of wonderful hand made things, and I absolutely cannot wait for it.

The thing is with Woolfest, because it's inside, it is a much more interesting event if the weather is cold. This is because if the weather is chilly, all sorts of amazing hand-knits are got out by their clever creators, and worn with pride. It's an education in itself, wandering around the place and seeing the most amazing garments being sported...

1 comment:

CannyCat said...

Alas, I wont be able to come either this Sunday (getting a kitchen fitted, woo!) or to Cockermouth!

Do you have any recommendations for wool shops in and around Swindon? Gearing up to cast on my first sweater, eep! :o)