Sunday 25 May 2008

Rain, gardens and more grass!

Not much to report, I'm afraid, and no pictures either - I do carry my camera around with me, but often forget that it is there. The weather has broken today, so we have had a fair bit of rain; this has made the grass grow like crazy, so we have taken the opportunity to move the sheep onto a new bit of pasture, and allow their old bit to recover. At the farm, it's very like a three-dimensional game of chess, getting all the animals moving round the land so that they all have grass to eat, and the grass itself has a chance to rest and recuperate before being grazed again. I am hoping that we haven't checkmated anyone by putting the sheep where they are.

We have gardened for most of the afternoon, and have done a lot of planting; our long border (which isn't 'long' in the large stately home garden sense, but runs half the length of our garden) has now got loads more perennials in it, and is looking rather good. The plants do look a bit startled and lonely, though - I'm hoping they will spread out to take up all the available space. We will see.

Tomorrow, I will HAVE to do some dyeing. I fear that I'm falling into the trap of procrastination with this!

No comments: