Thursday 22 May 2008

Lots to do

My usual routine of getting up and working for a while on my computer before going to my actual day job (and no, I'm not going to tell you who I work for, they'd probably sue me if I mention their name!) has been resurrected. Foz has gone to the farm to feed Ruby Lamb and give Invalid Alfie his homeopathic remedy, and I have managed to check my emails, and generally do some admin stuff. My next major project is Open Farm Sunday, at Vowley Farm, where we keep our animals. I am giving a hand spinning demo, and having a stall, which will be the Grand Launch of my business, finally. Of course, I have a lot to do in the meantime! Alfie's injury has meant that my head is full of how to deal with him. I'm realising that having a nearly full time job, plus horses who also need attention (I haven't ridden for some time!) and the fledgling business including flock of sheep means that, although I have the physical time to do everything, finding the brainpower to deal with it all is a challenge.

But that's OK. Other things are also getting done, amazingly. I am speaking to friends on the phone, and I am keeping the garden work going (half the garden is fine, half is a wilderness waiting to be carved out) and we are eating home cooked food rather than rubbish. I am not quite sure how this is all happening, but I am grateful!

More soon, including (I hope) pictures of some of the wool products which I'm plodding away on. I've got a Grand Day of Dyeing tomorrow, and am hoping to dye some uncombed Cotswold fleece - it takes the dye wonderfully well, and just looks lusciously gorgeous when all piled up in a basket. Hopefully my customers will find it irresistible - I know I do.

No comments: