Wednesday 25 June 2008

No more bottles

The end of an era yesterday - Ruby Lamb is now weaned. She had her final bottle yesterday afternoon, and is now officially a Grown Up Girl. She's huge now, healthy and lively, and since we are going to Woolfest this weekend, I figured that we shouldn't give lots of extra work to our friends who are keeping an eye on the sheep for us whilst we're away.

In other news, Woolfest is coming (hurrah!), and I'm creating a knitted toy sheep to put into the charity Sheep Auction, happening on the Saturday. I'm very behind with this project, alas, having been so busy, but now have the body knitted and felted in the washing machine. The next task is to dry-felt some dyed Cotswold fleece locks onto it, making a rather wild and crazy coloured toy Cotswold sheep. I'm not sure if we will be there for the auction, but I think that I might change my plans and ensure I'm there for it. I will take photos of the dry felting in progress. I've not done much needle felting before, and of course I have left it rather late to experiment - I'm just going to go for it, and see what happens. OK, if it doesn't turn out all right, I'll just have to learn my lesson and not worry about it too much...

No comments: