Friday 17 October 2008

Enhanced By Cats

I've had a very busy couple of days. Yesterday, I went to see my friends at Lower Shaw Farm, who are hosting the knitting and spinning course I am teaching on next month. (14th-16th November, and there is apparently one place left, so get in there fast if you wanna go! Great food, wonderful atmosphere, and wool as far as the eye can see. What more do you want?) We have talked over The Plan, and have found it good - and also very open to change, which is great because that's what we want to have happen. It's wonderful to be able to sort out exactly what everyone wants to cover, and then have a goodly go at getting all that in. It worked well last year, with everyone telling the group what they wanted to do, and us all agreeing the programme there and then. Today, I made a visit which may well take my business in a different direction - more details to come once finalised, but I'm very excited.

But the weather is fine and lovely, and so photographs of WOOL must be taken! I need to get some things posted up on Etsy, so have to take pictures for the posting. It being beautiful outside, I took my camera, and went out to take these pics:

Lovely wool, good colours - probably needs a bit of cropping on Photoshop, but that's fine, I can do that. I love that bench in my garden, as does my cat Tico.

Clearly, everything on this bench belongs to Tico, and here she is, having appeared from nowhere, to inspect what is going on. I am expecting her to rub extravagantly against the wool and knock it down. So I'm poised with camera, waiting for her to do something amusing so I can capture it for posterity.

Do we ever do what is expected of us? Nope.

This definitely reminded me of something you see on Etsy shops, where sellers state whether their work spaces are smoking/non smoking, or whether they have pets. Quite often, you see someone's house described as 'enhanced by cats'. Well, that's my life for you - definitely enhanced by cats.

No comments: